Friday, January 31, 2014

Easing your nerves: Tip #5

 Had three lessons today...each student was in the 5-6 range.  Man they're cute. 

Another student comes at 6:30 so I'll just jump right into it today.  So far, I think this will be the most helpful if you are one of those victims of stage fright! 




Easing your nerves: Tip #5- Stop with the "what-if's!!!!!!!!"





"What if I play a wrong note?"

"What if the audience thinks I sound bad?"

"What if I lose my place in the music?"


"What if I drop my violin?"

"What if an alien abduction happens in the middle of my performance?" 







I SAID STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   



Your mind is only controlled by YOU!! Be strong minded.  Any time those silly "what-if" thoughts start creeping into your brain...refuse to let them in.  Just fight yourself until you forget about it. 

"What-if" questions are 99% bad....at least in my personal experience.  They have the ability to absolutely torment you, thus affecting your performance negatively.  Therefore, get rid of them!!!!!!!! If you have any sort of stage fright symptoms before playing in front of people, it's best you don't let any "what-if" scenarios enter your mind. 




Til next time
~Givi Girl






No comments:

Post a Comment