Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Easing your nerves: Tip #3

 Snow day for me!!!!! No teaching and no school.  Although I honestly do love both teaching and school....I am so grateful for the extra time to get caught up on life. And what better way to start doing that than writing another entry in my blog!?!  I love my kitties, Milo, Mila, and Max, more than life itself...but having three cats requires a lot of upkeep!! Plus, I have to get caught up on the Bachelor.  That show is definitely my guilty pleasure.  Anyways...this is the third of hopefully around ten entries to help you ease those annoying jitterbugs in your stomach before a performance...aka...nerves!



Tip #3: Be prepared.  

Do yourself a favor and know your performance piece(s) like the back of your hand.  Ok, time out real quick: I don't get why people always say "know something like the back of your hand."  First of all, what side is considered the "back" of your hand? My guess would be the side that isn't the palm....but isn't that debatable?  Second of all, what are you supposed to know about it?  I just don't get it.  Lol.








 But regardless, be prepared.  Practice.  Know your music by memory, even if you are planning on bringing your music up on the stage with you.  The more you know your music, the less you have to worry about.  It's a simple concept, but it would be foolish not to include it as a tip to easing your nerves.  






Til next time

~Givi Girl





No comments:

Post a Comment