Sunday, March 23, 2014

Violinist Brian-event story


You know how your mind wants to be motivated, but your body is saying "It's not gonna happen, so give it up already."  Well, I definitely am facing that dilemma at the moment.  I got a little bit of homework and chores accomplished, but not nearly as much as I should.  I swear, four pets is easily equivalent to at least one newborn child.  Between the much needed attention/affection, the food, the toys,  the cleaning up after them, the brushing, the walking, the bathing, the doctor visits...the list goes on.  Makes me think I should start a pet blog.  No....not gonna happen.  If I begin ONE MORE PROJECT I will....ugh, never mind...I just don't have that kind of time right now.  I know what you're thinking:  "Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing out to us that pets actually require responsibility."  I know, I know....and I WOULDN'T TRADE ANY OF THEM FOR ANY LESS RESPONSIBILITY.  I do love them.  It just gets hard to keep up sometimes and I'm venting.  Don't like that? Don't read.  ;)  Guess I'm in that kind of mood today.  

Regardless, my point is, the reason I think I'm feeling draggy today is because I was out late, and like the loaded responsibility of taking care of four pets, that too, was worth it!  What I was doing is precisely what my blog topic for today is: 


I experienced a real treat last night watching my student, Brian, performed as an actor in the play titled "Dorothy in Oz," directed by James Michael Shoberg.  Yes, there was a violin involved, but I don't want to say any more than that because it's a surprise that I sure don't want to spoil incase you decide to go!

Here's a pic of Brian at a rehearsal.

Again, I won't give away too much, because there are still three shows left next weekend (I THINK.  Could be more.  I'll have to double check.)  But, in short, it was a hilarious, "twisted" version of The Wizard of Oz.  No, it was not the musical Wicked...it was totally different.  At first I wasn't sure what to expect, because although I frequently attend musicals and the symphony, "plays" (dialogue shows only) are not the type of shows I'm used to.  I was pleasantly surprised, to say the least. 

I'd highly recommend it to anyone who needs a good night out filled with laughter, great acting talent, and a different but fun type of experience.  Tickets are only $15.00.  
Some of the actors at rehearsal, including Brian.



Before you all start planning your family outing, I hate to burst your bubble, but it is NOT a "family-friendly" show.  It's an event you need to leave your 18 and under (or in my conservative viewpoint, 21-and under,) child at home.  Plan a hot date night, a ladies night out, or just wing it and go by yourself. Maybe you'll meet someone.  

Good job, Brian!!!!!!!!!!!!!   


Til next time,
~Givi Girl 









No comments:

Post a Comment