Monday, March 3, 2014

Easing your nerves-tip #9

Hey everyone!!

Let's cut right down to business today:  Easing your tips before a recital, tip #9 (out of 10):  BREATHE.  Breathe before the performance, during the performance, and after!!!! 

I'm guilty of this:  while I'm playing, I realize after awhile that I actually "forget" to breathe.  It makes me so uptight which ultimately comes out in my playing. 

While you're waiting your turn to go up, breathe in slowly through your nose and out through your mouth.  If your heart's racing, this will slow it down.  Inhallleeeeee.....Exhaaaalllleee!!!  






Remember what I always say: you must be as relaxed as possible while playing.  This means at home while practicing and during performance pieces.  The more your body is tense, the more your playing will sound that exact same way: "tense."





















Til next time
~Givi Girl















No comments:

Post a Comment