Thursday, February 13, 2014

Taking a quick break from the tips for this...




I figured I'd lighten the mood with the "easing your nerves" tips for a day. They will continue in the near future though.  Definitely by the time this weekend is over, they will come back on track. 

A student of mine actually sent me this link. I loved it!!!!! Of course he's an amazing player...and extremely on "que"...but I just can't help but point out the fact that he has way too much time on his hands. Maybe I'm a bit jealous, but come on? Do you have any idea how long it would take to remember each little sound for whatever Mario gets himself into. On the other hand...he could've very well grew up playing lots of video games (in between practice his violin) so memorizing the sounds wasn't so hard. It requires a lot of detail and quick thinking,  so I definitely respect his talent and punctuality. 

I also like how this video exposes the fact that music is everywhere, and a lot of times we don't even really notice that!

It also shows that you can have fun with your instrument...it doesn't have to be so serious all the time. After all, at the end of the day...it's music.  Music is a pleasure, and sometimes we can all get so caught up in the exercises and strict routines that we forget about that.  Notice I said "we," because it's myself included!  

Whoever this guy is, i thoroughly enjoyed this video and I hope you do too! Get your popcorn out and have fun!!!


 Til next time
~Givi Girl






No comments:

Post a Comment